Saturday we celebrated my birthday. "We" being me, Frogkisser, Pinkie, Duckling, Socially Retarded-Boy, WJJ and Joshuar. The whole thing started at the game store at 6:30 pm. Rather, at 6:40 when I got to the game store. Mainly because I wanted to make eclairs for my work potluck the next day, and even though I could make them in my sleep, it took a while to locate all of the materials with which to make them--and I couldn't just leave them baking in the oven. Then I had to pick up WJ, which I found out just as I was driving past his house. He was carrying around this 2 liter of Sprite with him everywhere. I asked him if he was thirsty, and he told me that if he could no longer have soda on airplanes he was going to make the best of it by having it everywhere else that he still could. Clasically WJ; "those poor slow children...at least they can still play." So then it was just me and WJJ in my tin can of a car without AC driving down the freeway with the windows down--which created a wind tunnel affect. A very interesting experience I must say. Amidst our many conversations he informed me that he wanted a wench on the back of his car (it's a type of hitch apparently).
At the game store we ended up playing two games, neither of which I remember the names. What were the names FK? One was a card game, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I guess it's the only game they had that more than 6 could play at, and we were 7. It's always amusing to see WJ lose at games due to his strategery. There were a lot of numbers, no turns (we all played simultaneously), and points were penalties, which capped off at 75, thereby causing the game to end. I got second, Pinkie took it all if I remember correctly, and I think Joshuar was the Ultimate Loser. Or The second Ultimate Loser next to WJ. And Dave gave me the best back massage. The second game had a dragon card, paths cards that were defined as the game went on, and dragon pieces that moved along them as you tried to not send yourself off the board. First thing I sent Pinkie off the board, without any idea of what I was doing. I ultimately won, as all but two of us crashed into one another, and I held out against Joshuar and let him kill himself. Good times. Actually, the only board game I haven't won there was Niagara.
Then we went to the Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square. It's been a while since I've been to the Spag Fac, so I was excited. I got the Chicken Parmagiana with spaghetti, creamy pesto on my salad, and a raspberry Italian cream soda. Predictable, but that's why I go there. As always, I got full on the salad and the bread, so I only ate one bite of my food--which I only did so as to not look like I didn't eat anything. Then because it was my birthday they brought me out something that looked like fried icecream, with something crispy on the outside, but it tasted like Heath or something. With that I had my spumoni, so I ate entirely too much icecream.
By the time I got home it was pretty late, and then I still had to finish making eclairs at my parents' house, as I had neither the ingredients or the means to make them at my house. I really only had to fill them, which can be messy and time consuming, and I ended up making two more batches for good measure. As a result I have quite a few left over eclairs, but thankfully I didn't have any left over filling. I swear, you make one batch of the filling and you have to make 4 batches of the eclairs to use it all. Let me know if there are any takers. I think I'll be in the So Jo end of the valley on Tuesday, which is tomorrow.
Finally I was back in Salt Lake, and it was already past 1 in the morning. I got to work at about 2, and was pretty tired by the end of the day, but I stayed at work till 3. Part of that was that I stayed till noon to hit the potluck, then ended up staying just so I could put a dent in the list of pipettes I need to calibrate this quarter (all the computers are in use on the week days, so times are limited for me to do that). Then I went home and basically passed out, but woke up at 7 pm or so to do some much needed laundry and studying. All in all, this is the first time I've been well rested in a couple of weeks. And to top it off, today is my Friday, so I'm very excited. I would be more so if I didn't have classes to go to in 15 minutes. I have 2 lectures today and 2 sections.
Monday, August 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'll take some eclairs. You know I would never turn down sweets. Happy late bday, by the way. Glad you had a good one. Hobby should be back from Chile in about a week and 1/2. Then she has 2 weeks til she leaves. How old are you now? 31? 32? Love ya!
It is not her birthday til Thursday. I was the ultimate loser on both games. I would love some eclairs. Bring some over tomorrow.
It is not her birthday til Thursday. I was the ultimate loser on both games. I would love some eclairs. Bring some over tomorrow.
It is not her birthday til Thursday. I was the ultimate loser on both games. I would love some eclairs. Bring some over tomorrow.
Why did you put that three times? I agree with the eclairs tomorrow thing. I am excited to give you all facials!
oops! sorry.
Post a Comment