Duckling, you're not alone.
Yesterday was possibly the longest day of my life. First of all, I'm an idiot, and I woke up at 6:30 in the morning. It's good I live 5 minutes from work, but showing up 3 hours late for work...Not so good. Then when I got to work, I locked my keys in my car. I know, you're all shocked. Actually there's probably a money pool betwixt those I know to see how long it would take for that very occurrence to occur, so if you had August 10th, 6:46 am, you won. About a week after driving the thing, the inevitable finally happened. Anticipating this very moment, I went out first thing and had 4 spare keys made. Unfortunately my foresight did not extend to putting the keys in their assigned places, so they're all at my house in So Jo, sitting in a bag in my room. One should be replacing the old key I have here at work, in my friend's drawer--since I don't trust it not to get lost in my own drawer--but I didn't have it yesterday. What I did have was a hanger. Now my car is the picture perfect image of something to be jimmied. But I don't know how to jimmy, so I just stuck the hanger in the crack through the window, as an extension of my arm, to try and unlock the door as I would with my natural arm. It worked with my old car, but not with my new older car. It's actually a good thing the window was cracked--thank goodness for no AC at moments like these. At this point I thought, "if only it was cracked more, then I could just stick my arm in and grab my keys." They were sitting right there on the seat, next to my pop tart. It was like an invitation to break into my car, right there. Of course, you don't need a key to drive my car, just to lock it, so nothing much would be accomplished...Unless the would-be-thief liked pop tarts. I of course only attempted to unlock my car at the end of the work day, so was in essence depending upon the very appearance of my car to deter criminals. Nobody owning such a marvelously crappy car could possibly own anything valuable to put in it. Anyway, with that genius thought it hit me to use the hanger extension of my arm as a hook to pick up my keys, and the crack in the window was big enough to fit them out. This took 5 seconds, as opposed to the 10 minutes I spent trying to unlock it. Genius at it's best ladies and gentlemen, and if you don't know me well, I was employing sarcasm.
I also yesterday dropped sample racks, which shattered in a lego-like fashion (because they're designed like legos in that each plastic test tube holder potentially hooks onto 4 others), then spilled a sample of serum, and finally left my money at home--which didn't turn out so badly since I just ate pot roast my good friend Sheidi made, and cake she brought for Reginald's departure. But mostly it sucked. Finally the work day ended though, and I spent my first day this week (at my SL pad) that I didn't have to waste gas and drive home So Jo (The day before last I left my parking pass in my parent's car, so I had to drive home to get it). I decided to stay up here this week to save gas--thus far it hasn't worked. I almost had to have my dad bring me my spare, and wasting his gas isn't much different from wasting my own, so luckily it didn't resort to that. Instead I stayed in my room, ate the best meat loaf eve--with some excellent mashed potatoes and green beans--then retired to bed fairly early.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You should call my hubby the next time you need to jimmy your car. He had to do it to our Benz that is designed to be theft deterrent...yeah, right.
I want a freaking Benz. Then again I would like a car to lock my keys in.
Ah meat loaf eve, second only in holiday eves to Christmas eve itself.
Actually, we call it Uni Day Aaron. Complete with Unification Loaf and cool secret hand shake greeting:)
happy Unification Day! When is it?(secret hand shake)
I wish I remembered:)
You're the one with cable, so you have the means to find out.
Post a Comment