Yesterday I went to the tea cottage again. I'm becoming quite the regular, but I think this was the last time in a while. I just keep finding people I know who want to go. This time I went with Duckling and my sis. We then proceeded to watch 5 hours of the best version of Pride and Prejudice; the Collin Firth version. Man I love the BBC sometimes. The whole experience was rather interesting. First thing Duckling and my sister were in the costume corner, and before I knew it we were all wearing hats and scarves, to my sister's extreme insistence. Then I had a bit of trouble with the lemon squeezer, and managed to launch it into exploding peppermint tea all over myself. It was hot, then awkward. I felt pretty stupid, but only briefly; Others were amused after all, and who am I to damper amusement?
So the lady there asked me what my opinions were on everything there, having been there often enough to observe many differences. I told her I liked it when they had cucumbers in the water the first time we went, and that I love the apple/cream cheese sandwiches, which aren't always there. I also bought an ounce of herbal peppermint tea as a fix until I go there next, and the cutest little diffuser. It's a miniature silver tea pot, with holes in the sides of course--to keep the tea leaves inside, while letting the flavor seep out with the water--and a little tray to sit it on after pulled out by the chain on top. I'm drinking it now. I think the only way to keep the leaves completely out is by using a tea bag, but they all stay at the bottom anyway. I can't help but think Harry Potter. They're not exactly dregs, but I'm looking at the pattern in the bottom of my empty cup, and I'm seeing a prancing tiger. Or maybe a satellite dish. Huh.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You guys would never put on the hats when I wanted to. How rude.
So you see cable television in your future?
Sorry Pinkie. I didn't know you'd wear the hats. Next time we will.
Man...I wish I saw cable tv in my future. More than that I want my Tivo back. But that's not going to happen anytime soon.
You didn't see the grim? Interesting....
It was probably more like a prancing satellite.
Tea was delightful. I have the money I owe you. I will write you a check on Sunday if I don't see you before then. I owe your sister money too. I have that too. I'm excited to get BOTH paid off.
Post a Comment