Friday, December 16, 2005

Contemplation

So you know how no sleep brings out a side of you that otherwise stays hidden within? *Note--that was a rhetorical question* Well, it does. With no sleep all barriers of conscienciousness subside. At least on my part. I suddenly feel completely at peace with the world, which I like to call "cough medicine world." No I'm not on cough medicine, though I like it, but no sleep gives me the same affect at one point, and I stress out less because I'm more lax about things that would usually make me want to bore a hole in my skull. Or kick the UniCAP 1000. But I'm all light-headed. The drawback of course is that my back kills--no pun intended. I have yet to take my last final...An English final, which normally wouldn't bother me at all, except this semester has slowly whittled down my nerves to the point that I think they're firing at their own leisure. That would explain that weird warmth in my leg a few weeks back at random moments, which I'll admit was rather pleasant before the abnormality of it set in, which quickly replaced that feeling with one more disturbed by the lack of a known cause. As it is, I am a little nervous, more because of the length of this final, and the large "possible" essay questions he gave us to help us prepare, though the better part of the final will be a surprise. I get to take that in 3 hours time. Before that I was at Village Inn with a friend studying Chemistry and Literature till about 2 am, at which point I came here to work. Oh yes, I'm at work. Sitting here typing, and babysitting my instrument. It's actually not that bad, except that time is passing by both too quickly and too slowly. 3 hours time is not enough, and yet, 3 hours time couldn't come soon enough. I'm ready to start Christmas now. A blight on the person occupying the psychiatry chair upstairs I want to study in!

7 comments:

Aaron said...

Ah yes, nothing quite like calling down sickness upon your enemies. The classic line of course being, "A pox on you and your kin." It is especially appropriate around Christmas time since people are singing "Good tidings we bring to you and your kin." I'm afraid not everyone deserves particularly good tidings. Sickness, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Something McSomethingkins said...

You know, that's beautiful. I think I might modify that carol in that way for quite a few people I know. Of course, syllables will have to be added to keep the same meter going.

frogkisser said...

You guys are bringing on such bad Karma! No wonder you have hard classes!:)
I agree McSomethingkins. The night scene on our wall looks kinda silly right now, being that it is just a big piece of black butcher paper.

frogkisser said...

The green is better than the blue. The blue, however was worse than that ugly yellow color. Now we are presented with quite the conundrum. Is the yellow or green better? The world may never know!

Angie said...

I'm going to go with the green. The night scene on your wall will be finished on the morrow, frogkisser. Mcsomethingkins and I have already agreed to that. :)

Something McSomethingkins said...

Yes we have. Though I think the green is yucky. It's the same color as my eyes.

Something McSomethingkins said...

Your mom wants to get even.