Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Amburgers and wootbeer

Shopping with my little sister is always an interesting experience. Why, the other day I went with her to Media Play, along with Kyle, and the first thing that happened as we got in the car to get there was that she dumped rootbeer on her windshield. I was wondering why the water she was using to clean off her windshield was only minimally helping. Turns out it was rootbeer, and she was using it because she found it in her car, even though we had water in my house about 60 feet from the point where her car was parked. So then we went to the gas station, where she used the little squeegee to clean her windows again, and I was like "didn't she just do that?"--at which point I found out about the rootbeer. Random. So my little sister's car has those seatbelts that you click the lap part, but the shoulder part starts above the part of the door farthest from the handle, then automatically moves towards you into place. I always get smacked in the head with it any time I'm getting out of her car, because I open the door, then lean forward to get whatever stuff I brought with me, often my books. Then it smacks me upside the head moving forward. You'd think I'd learn, but I never do. Sadistic seatbelt. This time for some reason I didn't lean forward, but my sister tried to get out of the drivers seat and had put her coat on in the car, over the seatbelt, so when she went forward she got a nasty shock by being pulled back. It really was quite comical watching my sister trapped there, entangled by her shoulder belt, Kyle rushing to help her as she made incessant noise. Walking around Media Play was fun, I like looking around even though they're so expensive, so I'm sad they're closing. When we're leaving there are people selling mistletoe. They say, "would you like to buy mistletoe for two dollars that will then go to charity?" I'm thinking, "oh boy," as my sister exclaims loudly, "Yes-I- would." Each word got it's limelight. She then exclaimed some more things to express her excitement, which made me laugh, and would probably have made Frogkisser exclaim something else. Honesty and excitement together can have interesting effects. Altogether, it's very interesting having my sister as one of my roommates as of late. She makes me laugh. My honest exclamations in the store were not so appreciated. In Media Play she told me that Manga was Japanese porn, as we were passing the Manga section, which is really random Japanese cartoons/illustrations. I then shouted "Japanese porn?" probably too loudly, but I was shocked. Needless to say, it wasn't. Today should also be another such experience with Christmas shopping. The Media Play excursion, along with some minimal shopping which I'll admit mostly benefited myself the day after Thanksgiving, are the only Christmas shopping I've done so far, and I have a lot more to do. I just got through finals week, and then my on week at work, both of which are crazy at a time that's supposed to be jolly. I can understand why thousands of people would decide to get their blood drawn now, instead of around Christmas, to see what they're allergic to, but the combination of our instrument being broken down the first part of the week made it that much more insane on my end of the stick. The allergen stick. I got some prime overtime this week, and next week they'll be bored out of their minds. I slept on and off today from last night around ten-ish?--I fell asleep watching Edward Scissorhands--and slept till about 1:30 this afternoon, though I did wake up at 9 to eat before going back to bed. That was nice. Loafing is my favorite thing to do on a Tuesday I don't work. I also should finish putting up Christmas decorations in my house. Ugly Duckling and I finally completed our snowman next to the fireplace, which now has fire in it and functional stapled paper stockings hung on it--though no grate yet, and a wall in between, so now instead of people asking us why there is black paper covering the entire wall next to our fireplace, and us explaining it's night, and them wondering why it is night right next to the fireplace, and us explaining there will be a wall there...Deep breath, they now ask why our snowman seems to be flying. I'll work on that, but we ran out of white paper working on Widdy. Nevertheless, it looks festive, and the paper is now strewn across our blank wall instead of all over the family room floor, as before. And today I will finally finish gluing together my Mountain Dew can tree to put next to our paper fireplace. The fact that I alone have consumed so much Mountain Dew in the past year to make this possible is rather sad, especially since more than half came as a result of this semester. Regardless, next year it will no doubt be larger. I will post you all on my progress.

12 comments:

frogkisser said...

I appreciate the paper not being on the floor. I vacuumed yesterday, and I think I clogged the hose with little bits of paper. Sad day. I too am wondering why there is a flying snowman on our wall, and why we are still putting up decorations a mere 5 days before Christmas. I think we have moved into the realm of pointlessness.

Something McSomethingkins said...

That's not true, considering they will be left up well past New Years, for everyone to appreciate and fawn over.

frogkisser said...

Oh.... and I want to know what I would have said when confronted with those who exclaim over Mistletoe.

Something McSomethingkins said...

Actually, you probably wouldn't have said anything; I'm pretty sure you would have had your mouth open in speachlessness as a matter of fact.

Ashley said...

I'm very flattered that a lot of this post involves yours truely.Although you make me come off as a complete idiot......which i guess is quite accurate.

Ashley said...

Its not A and W, No , its not that either, It's not anything that you think it is.

Its amburgers and wootbeer

Something McSomethingkins said...

What does that last comment pertain to?

Angie said...

Ha Ha you are funny. I love Widdy McWiddershins. He's hot. :)

fantastic funk said...

Ok, dear friend, here is a comment! But I really don't have anything to say other than I love your decorations on our wall, the fireplace and stockings, and especially your dear flying Widdy! I think we should keep them up indefinitely!

Something McSomethingkins said...

Yeah, but did you see I gave him a flying stand too? They'll definately be there till February at least. Hey, then we can modify them with Valentine's decorations! Widdy can have a Cupid's bow. I love modifying decorations. At work I had little flying bats hanging with pilgrim hats then Santa Claus hats.

Something McSomethingkins said...

So I meant commenting on the comments in your own blog Fantastic Funk.

Ashley said...

I think your all missing the point of this blog

ME!

it isnt about widdy mcwiddershins........