Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Good 'Ol So Jo

So I'm stuck in the South of Jordan today. Last night I decided to come up to return my library books and stuff, and to watch the Office at Frogkisser's house, and the thought came to me, "I wonder if Wal-Mart has any Easter candy left". Easter candy is my favorite candy of the year. I made the necessary waylay to Wally. Upon entering the parking lot, going straight mind you, I managed to hit the curb running parallel with my car--don't ask me how--and then my beloved tire was gone. Apparently it was one of the new ones my dad had gotten. Huge gash, and I managed to destroy the rim. I should have known that candy would be my down fall. I elevated my car with my jack, called my dad, then went into the store and bought candy. I looked at tires, but I had no idea what I was doing, and it turns out it wouldn't have done much good. I came out and my dad was unscrewing the rim bolts, and I need a new rim which we have to get at a wrecking yard on account of my car being so old. So that's what my poppy and I will be doing today when he gets off work at 430. Until then I'm stuck at my parent's house.

On hearing the news that I would be stuck here, I said, "ah dangit". Poppy replied, "you can 'ah dangit' all you want, but it's your own fault". I replied that I knew it was my own fault, but that wasn't going to stop me from 'ah dangit-ing.' He then told me I was free to 'ah dangit' all I like. I did so, then went over to Frogkisser's. I stole nerds and a peanut butter cup egg from their coffee table bowl, then watched 30 Rock and The Office. Then I went to Smiths to buy a toothbrush. I ended up with those little floss sticks--because I've decided to give the standing New Year's resolution another shot, the biggest bottle of Listerine I've ever seen attached to a little bottle of pre-brush whitening stuff (?), toothpaste with baking soda--because I love how it makes my mouth feel, a double pack of contact soln, face wash, a contact case, and about 25 bucks more of Easter candy. They had a huge shopping cart full of Cadburry mini eggs, the likes of which I'd never seen in such quantity. I have the biggest weakness for those things. I got home to discover that I had somehow not bought the toothbrush I picked out. I went back to get it. The thing cost me almost 5 bucks. I could have gone with another, but I had a really good feeling about this particular toothbrush. It has a tongue cleaner, and grips beautifully, and oh that arch! I've got to say, totally worth the money. I've become very attached. I might throw it a toothbrush christening party. Between that bliss and the fact that I got to sleep on my Queen bed in my old bedroom...I wasn't so sad about the tire thing.

Yesterday I totally loafed about my house all day. It was my first "Off Day" so because I have this wheeze and cough I slept in, then washed everything I own. I then proceeded to put my clothes on hangers and place them in the closet, which is the step that usually thwarts me. My room is much cleaner now, and would have reached Enlightenment by now if I wasn't stuck here. We talked about Buddhism and Enlightenment in my World Religions Institute class yesterday. I need to remember to go get a free Koran at the student center on Thursday. So now I'm just enjoying my time home alone with the Internet at my fingers, and my digital camera at my side. I've got to say, it looks gorgeous outside. I really wish I could be at my house right now utilizing my new pottery wheel. Fortunately I brought homework and a book of leisure. I could probably wash my car with a flat tire. I'll run close by errands with my spare--which is not fit for freeway speeds. And I'll figure out how to download pictures from sky diving for my next post.


Ahhh. My toothbrush surrounded by a heavenly glow. it's like the flash on my camera knew.

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Yeah, you have to tell us all about the skydiving. I love how you can still "trip" while driving a car. And your toothbrush satisfaction definitely brought me joy.

frogkisser said...

I swear that there were pictures on here yesterday.

Tickled Pink said...

I will never forgive you for going skydiving even though I understand that you couldn't invite me. Nice toothbrush. Looks just like every other one. The tounge cleaner thing does not work bytheway.

Something McSomethingkins said...

Tongue Pinkie. And it works fine for me. And that's stupid, considering how I waited for NY on your guys' brother, and that never happened. I'll feel bad if you ever take the initiative to go sky diving.