Effective immediately I've decided that this will be the best year ever. My plans for such include doing whatever the heck we want (especially new things we've always wanted to do but never have, or spur of the moment events) to make it memorable, most likely making it inexpensive where I can help it, and most important, complete randomness. My aims are to create new traditions for us to enjoy year after year, for us all to become less boring, and to create unity amidst our ever changing lives and experiences. I hereby kick this year off with "Fun Day," now a new holiday to take place every Jan. 3rd, with us doing whatever we feel like, especially if we've never done it before. Highlights for this year include a giant tent set up in our family room, complete with indoor BBQ to simulate the camping goodness. Fondu will be prevalent, as will movies of my selecting, sure to be a treat for all. And I've always wanted to go to Llama Fest, so this upcoming summer, plan on it, yo.
So today is fun day. I first decided upon its creation last night at the "HONG KONG," around the corner from our house. For the longest time we all thought it said, "KING KONG," which admittedly is a terrible name for a Chinese Restaurant. The food was not bad, though the place was largely uninhabited, which endeared it to me all the more. And considering we mainly made our server's job ever so complicated, it's amazing how much fun we had. Which made me decide, we need to have many such times at other Podunk little places. My title for this post, as many already know, comes from the fortune my good friend Brian received in his fortune cookie during our dining experience this past day. I've yet to make any sense of it. Today's agenda includes the petstore--most especially to look at sugar gliders, a map store--because I want one, Legacy House Assisted Living--where Frogkisser works and we intend to call Bingo at 3:00, and there will be a special pinch pot/whistle making activity to rid me of the 75 lbs of clay that currently resides in my trunk, which will also help me to fill up my kiln for it's first experimental firing ever--hopefully to take place later this week. These are only selections I've chosen to disclose, so be sure to get in contact with me if you have any suggestions or if you want in on the fun. For "Fun Week" I guess I should add, because most of you are already out of luck for "Fun Day" which is already planned to a point, and so far, at least as far as the first three activities go, is going to be made up of 4 participants. But anyone that wants to make a whistle...I have a lot of kiln space.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
It wouldn't let me post a comment for the longest time!
It raped me of my privelege to post a comment as well! I enjoyed "fun day". I really did. I think we should have much more of them. I'm excited to do random things this year. We, sadly, haven't made clay whistles yet!
Neither have any of us. But there is time yet. And much more in store for the remainder of this week. Actually, it raped me of my priveledge to change the title from "never butter" to "butter no."
Seriously, let's not use the word rape more often than neccesary. Seeing and hearing it used as slang makes me cringe.
It would make you cringe. What word would you suggest we substitute for it? We still haven't made clay whistles!!
It's not slang Aaron. It's a legitimate word meaning "to seize or take away by force." It makes me cringe to see it swallowed in the prejudice of being associated with what it has come to mean.
I'm just saying that I think the effect of the word, regardless of whether its meaning is derived from a definition or connotation, is more important than a strict interpretation. Technically the word intercourse refers to "connections or dealings between persons or nations." However, I wouldn't advise using it in that context because of the connotations that now go along with the word. I mean I could say that I had a terrible experience and mean it was intense, but that's not what other people would get out of it.
I wouldn't use the word so much except that it is a running joke between Melissa and I. I, for some reason, chose to use it the first day in Disneyland and I shocked her with it and so now it's just like a joke. I'm sorry if it bothers you, Aaron. I will stop using it.
You commented on your blog before posting a new one! Hypocrite!:)
But I always do. And I did that right after I posted my post. You wait something like 10 days, and your comments hit the 20's, many of which are you, and then you post something new.
Frankly I don't think it's possible to post more than I already do, thus I should be given allowences when it comes to commenting on my own posts.
Post a Comment