Saturday, January 28, 2006

Tiny writing, for a not too tiny post.

This is a trick I learned when my school papers extended past the required length. Teachers can get mad at you for making the font huge, but not too many watch out for making it smaller. This morning I had to defrost my car windows. I was not too happy about it. Lately I've been waking up later and later. My work's too lenient with me, so I get away with it, but I hate staying later at night just because I don't feel like getting up in the morning. And that's even when I have been going to bed early. I gave up a few times this week and just didn't go to bed before I went to work. That went quite well. One of those night's was when we went to the Switchfoot concert in Park City. Luckily in the events of that night I did not get any sore ribs like the rest of my companions, because I was the tallest of the four of us in front, and as such well surpassed the bar's height--at least up to my ribs. The whole thing was a good time. Especially the ride down to Park City; although Frogkisser cut off the conversation Ugly Duckling were having on Diet Coke trees (she wants cans falling on conveyer belts while I say it would be better to just tap the tree like a keg--for lack of a better equivalent) because my dear little frog is a spoil-sport who saw either as an unlikely event and thus had to crush our ambitions; also, Ugly Duckling didn't believe me that my book (and many others for that matter) smelled like sugar--which I'll admit is one of the reasons why I liked reading as a child. I still rather enjoy the random colored moose they have scattered around down there (in Park City), and I must give props to whoever had the idea of doing that. I actually made Frogkisser drive by one just so I could take a picture. The actual concert was enjoyable, though freezing. It would have been nice if two particular boys standing in the back would have made it on time though, so they could have stood by us. It's always nice to have friends near by when crowd surfers fly over your head and over the bar.

Work is continually becoming oppressive to me. Sort of. I still like my job and those I work with, I'm just becoming continually more lazy. It's an unfortunate side effect of school, and being tired from life as a whole. It'd be nice if it was mindless work, but it's not. Winter is usually dead to allergen testing, but it seems everyone and their dog has found something they think they might be allergic to this season. School is interesting. I like the subject of Biochemistry, though my professor's teaching method leaves me to question what he could possibly test on, and more importantly, how he will grade the material. I have a test on Monday I have yet to study for...much. I have some more reading to do, but I'm not too worried about it on the whole because I get a page (front and back) of notes during my test and I write really tiny, he gave us a splinter of what to look for in the book along with two pre-tests, and I can drop two of the 4 tests. Of course, if I do well on all four I don't have to take the final. Then there's the fact that though they're 8 pages long, he calls them quizzes. No one can be afraid of a quiz. I probably should be, but I'm pretty sure everyone else is as confused as me in there, he grades on the curve, and once I take the first test I'll know what to expect of the rest. I guess the new book means a slightly different format for this test compared to those of the past.

Speaking of school, I found out while buying my book that there is another bookstore on campus. This one is for all things medical. They have some very nice anatomical posters on sale right now. I'm leaning towards the skeletal system and the eye/ear one myself. But all bring back the memories of my anatomy experience that I savor. I really do hope my friend who is taking that this semester calls me up for help studying, because it's been too long and I know the ropes of that class at the U. The drawback of this bookstore is that it's by the college of nursing which is a long slanted up walk from lower campus and the Institute where I park. I only go there on days I have class, and usually have to hurry from and then back to work when the class ends. Just a side story that relates... I totally choked on a snowflake the other day walking back from that class. I'd say my deep breaths were caused more by my lungs being frozen than my fast walking, but one inhalation and the largest snowflake I'd ever seen was invading my bronchioles. I hardly doubt it made it that far, but I did choke on the thing, which goes to show that anything could potentially kill you, not just William James impressive collection of handguns. I'm pretty sure school can accomplish it, as this snowflake goes to show, though I personally thought the flying crane through the library window should have done it.

3 comments:

frogkisser said...

Wow. I never had to worry about my papers being too long. Your typing resembles your writing. It pains my eyes to try and read it.

Aaron said...

In my defense we were all of ten feet from the rest of you the whole time. Besides, it's not like you can carry on a conversation so close to the speakers.

Something McSomethingkins said...

Whatever Aaron. You guys were supposed to be there to knock down the stoned guy next to us infringing upon the sanctity of our space. We were pretty close to the speakers, but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.