Thursday, February 01, 2007

Christmas Miracle

So the most amazing thing just happened to me. My roommate and I stayed up till one in the morning trying to figure out our Diagnostic Anatomy Problem Set. We did well on two of them, B.S.ed the third, and got stumped on the fourth. It was actually the first problem, and seemed easy upon first site, but proved to be quite tricky to diagnose. I know how to test whether neck pain is associated with a certain muscle, but what if there are several with the same innervations, functions, and positions? And I have no idea to tell whether it's a muscle or ligament. Because it's more of a clinical approach to Anatomy, our problem sets can't always be accomplished with just the information he's given us, so it requires a lot of research, which is tricky because we only get them on Monday, and they're due every Thursday.

So Roomy #1 went to bed at about one, which is good because she has a test on Friday that's a much bigger deal than our problems, and she needs to be able to focus on that. That was after we spent 4 hours on them. I stayed up to finish the last problem, which I have a greater understanding of now, but which has yet to be finished. It's now 6 am plus. I haven't slept. I don't feel very tired. I think it was the Boo Koo Duckling recommended, although she probably regretted it when I answered the text she sent me last night at 3 in the morning.

Now for the miraculous part, which allowed me to stay up to do my homework, as opposed to waking up and doing it the morning of the day it was due. We haven't had internet for the entirety of me living here. It's sucked. I only can use it at work, which is limited, and at the library, which isn't far but is still inconvenient to walk to more than is absolutely necessary. But suddenly I was using Roomy #2's laptop in the living room, and a little bubble popped up saying it was connected to the internet. I tried it; it was. So I was able to learn all sorts of interesting things, in my pajamas, from the comfort of my couch. Right now I'm in my room, which is also exciting, but I should be sleeping. I think it's entirely too likely that this connection won't last long (because it’s low and I’ve already lost it once), which is why I decided to do this now...when I should be sleeping. So now I've done it, and I'm going to bed.

Wasn't that miraculous?

1 comment: