School that is.
So this week is another where I'm completely swamped with things to do. I have this test on Wednesday I haven't studied for, and work has been insane. I guess Fall Break was this past weekend, and my intent was to study a lot, but somehow I got stuck working with Leon's opposite this whole weekend, and when I work with her I end up not even having a moment's thought to myself because I'm so incredibly busy. Part of it is that both of them are training on other instruments as of late, so I'm left to handle a lot of stuff alone, whereas I'm used to having someone share the load. Then there's just the fact that our week does things differently from their's. And I'm pretty much on my own for effort when it comes down to telling her I'm leaving at a particular time; she seems to find a bunch of stuff she wants me to do before I leave, instead of helping me do the stuff I already have to do so I can get out by my goal time. I never do, and it's a problem. I'll sure be glad when Leon comes back.
So in addition to working with her we had some major instrument problems. The fact of the matter is, I barely got out of work the day before last with time to get in 5 hours sleep before coming back again. Bleh. But that's a lot compared to lately. Yesterday I worked from 1 am to 1:30 pm, and my goal time of getting out was one. I wasn't particularly happy, but I went to lunch with my roommates, roommate #1's fiance/boyfriend/whatever, and this kid Libo from me and #2's Genetics class. It was an Asian buffet, and I think we mainly went for the sushi. It was ok, and surprisingly I'm finding I really like sushi (as long as it's in a roll, not by itself, and it's not something crunchy like crab) even though I hate fish. But none of us were hungry after we watched #1 and company down some octopus. They ate it to say they could--probably part of their "goal book"--and it looked disgusting. I guess it didn't taste good either; not bad, but not good, and I think the terrible texture pushed it over the edge of the line seperating good from bad, along with the fact that apparently it squirted stuff out when chewed. Uggghh. Still just the thought of it makes me lose my appetite. As Libo aptly stated, it looked like cancer. If ever I decide I want to diet, that's how I'll do it--thinking of that moment. But #2 cracked me up; she sat there with a sick sort of fascination towards the whole thing, saying things like, "Chew it," over and over again (rather forcefully), and "swallow, swallow." And #1 for some reason totally listened to her. But none of us could eat after that. Only I did. I felt full in my throat, not my stomach, and having paid for the thing I figured I could always make myself eat cream cheese wantons and sugar flatbread. My roommates are pretty funny, so it was enjoyable.
After that I studied for a while, but Brandon our neighbor came over and was grading Biology papers for a class he's TA-ing for, and between him and the two of us (#2), talking not related to Genetics happened quite a lot. I love that kid though; he makes me laugh so hard. I ended up leaving at a quarter to 7, to go to this concert down in Provo, at the Valour? It was a bunch of local bands, and I had fun, but it could have been better music-wise. Not bad, but not exactly my cup of tea. Mainly I rather enjoyed watching people get their freak on. I love people watching when people are doing random things, and there was an abundance of that happening. Lot's of people dancing who managed to look completely spasmotic and all over the place, in a way likely to hurt anyone nearby, and yet at the same time weren't completely devoid of talent--and seemingly had no inhibitions when it came to their random moves. There was this one kid, who looked like he was in high school, but Sheidi and I totally wanted to adopt him he was so adorable. Very awkward looking dance moves, but he was moving the whole time and was obviously in his zone. But yeah, certain hand moves would turn into rubbing his nose or smoothing the back of his hair; things you would do if you were pretending you hadn't done something you just did. And he was wearing this red sweater with colar poking out, and a pink bandana around his head. He looked a lot like a kid at my work. But I found myself thinking outloud, as Duckling would have said, "I want to be his friend right now."
I basically got no sleep last night because of all this. I went with Sheidi and some of her friends--and randomly this kid her sister and his sister-in-law wanted to set her up with, and one of his friends. It was so hot inside (I want to say "the club," but there were a lot of young kids and no drinking, so I don't know what to classify it as), and was freezing outside. And then we got icecream. All in all it was a pretty fun excursion, but now I have to buckle down and start studying like there's no tomorrow. Rather, like there is a tomorrow, because if there wasn't I sure wouldn't be stuck studying for this thing.
So here's something pretty exciting: my Muslim friend from work invited me to eat at his house Monday night for Ramadan. I'll have to skip most of League, but it's totally worth it. I love Middle Eastern food, and I really love learning more about different cultures, so I'm completely psyched about it. I figure it will be a nice little break from studying that night, and I don't have work the next morning, so it'll be alright. And I'm going to my ward for the first time this morning, with both of my roommates, so finally I can transfer my records, pay my tithing, and renew my temple recommend. That will be nice to get out of the way. Incidentally, with all of my ward hopping, and shere laziness on top of that, I owe 8 months worth of tithing, which adds up to over a thousand dollars. I have it all just waiting in my bank account to be paid, but it will be slightly sad to see such a large chunk go at once. Actually that part will be fine, but how my account will look afterwards will be sad. But it needs to be done.
Sunday, October 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I got kind of lost with your blog. Sorry.
You always do.
Post a Comment