I just got my Genetics test back. I'm afraid to look at it. I got physically ill when he was going over the test in class today. The average was 48, so higher than I thought. But a lot of people felt very cheated, and weren't afraid of expressing it in class. So then he gave some speel about how he must have done something right because that's where the average should be, and it was a great test because it tested people, and it's his divine right apparently to weed out anyone who shouldn't go onto medical school by testing us on material he didn't prepare us for... A whole lot of crap. I can now add him to the list of people I've hated in my life, which is only comprised of 3 people, because he's a total tool.
A little bit of anger and resentment should have come across in the above. That said: I'm somewhat worried about this O Chem test Wednesday, because mechanisms and synthesis problems aren't easy, at least not when you procrastinate. Not that I've had a choice with Genetics and work. Speaking of which, I'm really not looking forward to Tuesday. I don't hate my supervisor, or the now Immunology Group Manager, but I can't say I like either of them very much right now. I'm worried to see the state of things this upcoming week. And if it gets any worse I'm switching departments asap, or I'll go work at the lab my roommates work at, culturing mice or something.
So last night my home teachers came over. They were really nice; and we had Libo and Brad over studying with #2, and #1's hip extension over as well, so it was a real party. Church was good that morning, and I went with #2 and her friend Brad, who works with her in the lab. After church I went hiking with Sheidi, which was a nice Sunday activity. Brandon came over later that night and explained a few things to us while #1 and I studied O Chem with Mr. Cynicism. I think he was distracted by all the noise, because with all the people there was a lot of noise.
Saturday I went to the movies with my 13 year old nephew and 11 year old niece, and my little sis and her hubby. We saw the Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D, and let me just say, that movie was meant to be seen in 3D. The visual details put into it are amazing in the first place, but on a big screen coming right out at you with the quirkiness of Tim Burton and the perfection of sounds from Danny Elfman...Just spectacular. And seen with so many of my favorite people... My niece and nephew used to make us watch that movie at least once a week when they were 4 and 6, and neither had seen it in a few years, but we all still remembered all of the dialogue and lyrics. Good stuff. That night I went to my sister's ward's Trunk or Treat, and all of my nieces and nephews save 1 were there and dressed up for Halloween (except for Jessilee, who is too cool for that now). I was glad because I will be working Halloween and the day after super early, and I have a test to study for the day after. Usually I like taking them out Trick or Treating, so this was nice. The twins were witches, so was Girlfriend, Best Friend was a Ninja Turtle, and Churtis Ja'mames was a power ranger. Doll Face was a Hobo. Soooo cute. and I stole some of their candy, so I felt pretty good about the evening.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think you should leave a scathing review about that prof on ratemyprof. I hate profs like that. No wonder so many people quit before med school...they have idiots for teachers.
I think you should nickname the roommates too. I can usually figure out which is which, but they really need names.
Is the person above my post a roommate or a London friend? Who are the other two people on your hate list. I have a list but people are taken off of it all the time but they get put back on when they piss me off.
Berta: the roommates are the only ones that are nicknamed. I've recently gotten too lazy to nickname anyone else. Or at least certain people. I guess I could call Brandon "Bobsled Boy."
and Pinkie: She's a London person. The other two on my list consist of yet another professor who put himself out there as "I'm such a laid back all-around-nice-guy," but graded like a jerk, and the third was this kid Brock from Florida. I hated him with every fiber of my being. Being around him just gave me the darkest, ill-boding feeling I've ever felt in my life. A total departure of the spirit from day 1.
Post a Comment