I never thought this day would come. The UniCAP 1000, after a year of deliberation, planning, and no follow-throughs, it's finally moved to its new home at the front of the Immunology division. Before we were in a very small, hidden away corner by shipping and handling...I already miss it. Now we will be in a highly visible area, which will make it harder for me to do my homework, and play Freecell on my down-time. It will also be harder to hide from CAP inspections, which were already made more unpredictable by the fact that they're no longer scheduled. I will also miss the Protein section, which is comprised of many of my favorite people. Jocky will have to travel quite a bit further to tell us we have red lights on our instrument, which happens any time anything goes empty--which is several times a day. He likes to point out the redundant and remind us that "things went a lot smoother in my day, when I was in charge of the Allergen bench." He's so quiet, yet cynical...And as such he makes me laugh. However, we will be moving to where the up-front techs are, and I enjoy quite a few of them, so it won't be that bad. It would be better if Golden Boy still worked here, but you can't have everything.
In other news, which is so similar to the first news that its really in fact part of the first news...Wait for it...
we're getting yet another UniCAP 1000.
Somehow it seems like it should have it's own line. 3 years spent suppressing the desire to beat it in with a baseball bat, and now all I get is suppressed anger that will now be duplicated by 2. Add that with working for Scooter, who everyone considers the second most common thing I yell at stupid drivers...Let's just say it's not looking good. I think the towel is about to be thrown in, although what I throw it at and where I'll get a new towel has yet to be seen. It actually should be nice, especially on days when things go wrong, but I know for a fact that with two of them the probability of something going wrong is now twice as great. Not to mention there's bound to be a day when they both go down, and both will be beeping simultaneously, only one beat off from each other, so it will be one loud continuous beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!
I know, half empty, but I do have to baby-sit the thing, and now there are two of them. And as a wise man once said, "No two things are not on fire."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Was this wise man drunk? Kind of an odd expression.
Sorry...my comment got posted in triplicate.
Gregor is a weird name.
I put that on my ipod:)
Some people are tall and mercilous. Quincy is destroying San Antonio. As you rightfully should. That is, put it on your ipod, not destroy San Antonio.
Wow, I didn't know this had posted. I was having problems yesterday, and it kept saying I only had 4% published. So I became frustrated and gave up. I guess it published the 4% that mattered.
stop with the colors that hurt my eyes already. Gosh darn.
Post a Comment