I guess it's been a while. I actually have quite a few things I would like to write about, but no time to do so. And actually I can't really think of them write now, as my memory is horrible, but I have some of the things that have happened to me this past week--that I would like to address-- written on a post-it somewhere. So that will have to wait. But not to worry; the time will come.
Right now I'm at the Marriot Library on Campus, but I really need to be at home doing my homework. I have 2 chapters for Genetics I need to read, and I need to start on my problem sets. I also have my O Chem Lab tomorrow, so I have to write up a pre-lab or something. I get so stressed out about labs. They're only worth half a credit, yet they take up most of your life. 4 hours of my week...only I'm hoping for it to only take up 2...then again with pre-labs and post-lab write-ups I'm betting on at least 4. Funny that I'm a scientist and yet I dread the actual part of my major that makes up what a scientist is. I simply don't like being rushed, yet I hate standing still for more than a half hour at a time, and the whole being graded to experiment thing is still a concept that eludes me. I mean, the exciting thing about experimenting is the not having bounds for learning, getting hands on experience, and the possibility of discovering something new or that will help your understanding of the world to widen. I mean, basic rules will keep you from burning off your hand (which is something I definitely appreciate), but if you're so worried about not getting something exactly right (because you'll be marked down for it), that it affects your ability to get it exactly right... It really is just me. Hopefully I'll get over it and in the future labs will intimidate me less. Maybe having a lab partner I know will help with that. She is pre-med; but I still wonder just how good she is at the lab part of these classes, having never seen how she does at such things.
That said, I really should be going. I just spent 70 bucks on my lab book and lab notebook. I'm a little irritated right now. Of course, I came from Institute before then, which was good, so that helped a little. And before that I went shopping with my sister. I really hate shopping, and she really hates shopping with me, but it had to be done. I needed pants, after tripping down the cement stairs at my house and ripping my only decent pair, and that was accomplished. Randomly we ran into my oldest sister and her two youngest kids, and her oldest, at the mall. I hate the mall. Anyway, she lives in Lindon, so that was really weird, but we had just been talking about how we wanted to hang out with Jessilee moments earlier, and suddenly there he was...so that was fortunate. My one-year-old niece Charity only likes me when I give her food, so thankfully I was holding a cinnamon sugar pretzel. Dallin refuses to hug me, or let me take pictures of him, except sometimes he randomly will--little punk. Jess realizes through years of experience that not hugging his aunties and letting us pinch his cheeks will only get him sandwiched. We went to the Dinosaur portion of the mall, and they seemed to have fun. Charity followed Dallin around saying, "where's Dallin?" whenever she lost sight of him. She totally adores the kid, who is 3 and largely ignores her; I simply can't imagine idolizing my brother in such a way--I managed to repress most of the memories that included him before his mission, which helps me to not hold anything against him now. He turned out to be an amazing person, but boy did he have a long way to go. Finally my little sis and I went to Best Buy, where she bought me 3 movies, and I was happy. But it took forever, which was my fault because I can't make decisions on my own, and my day went by with much on my list unaccomplished. I ultimately had my sister pick out the clothes she thought I should buy, because I'm so bad at doing that, and then after trying them on and showing them to her I just bought what she told me to. I like not having to think about these things, because I rarely like clothes I pick out myself. The clothes I like best I stole from siblings, and thus were selected by them. I'd now like to take the time to say that I seem to remember a certain roommate telling me once that she would be happy to be the person to do my shopping for me, and I would then just buy what she told me to; so I would just like to remind her of that promise right now for future instances.
And now I really do have to go. Thankfully I don't have work this week, so I'll be able to stay up late doing homework. Ooh, and even though buying books made me sad, I did buy a new little key-chain highlighter as well as the marker at the bookstore to replace the ones I lost. Also some little flash cards on a key-ring that will come in handy for O Chem reactions, names, and elements. I really do love shopping for office supplies--it's the only kind of shopping I like.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment