One hour in counting. That is till I can leave work. I really want to just go home and sleep. Of course, that has been my goal every day this week, and I have yet to achieve it. I'm so excited for my week off, I almost want to do a jig. I won't of course, partially because I hate dancing, and partially because I'm too tired to dance. But tomorrow is my Friday, and were the day not marred by school it would be perfect. I guess next week I need to start packing, and finish cleaning my sister's room. She won't do it by herself, so she's paying me to do it. It's not the first time I've undertaken this task, and it's quite challenging. I also have to help my dad clean out my room at their house for the 2-3 months I'll be moving back home for before moving out again, this time into an apartment. I will miss my master bedroom. I won't miss locking myself out of it. I guess I need to figure out where I'll put my Mountain Dew Tree as well. I plan to continue building onto it, and I think by next year it will be huge enough that we'll probably donate it to the Festival of Trees. That's the goal. It seems weird that I've been living there a year now, and that I will no longer have easy access to friends who I would otherwise not see with my current work and school schedule, because I will no longer be either living with them or others will not be coming over to hang out with my roommates. That's a confusing sentence I think, but I refuse to change it because I'm tired and not particularly interested in doing so. I really have enjoyed having 4 roommates. It may seem like a lot, but I like having that many people other than myself constantly around when I get home. And I can't believe I feel so open around all of them. I've always been slightly different around friends vs. family, and even more so around strangers vs. friend. It's not that I'm pretending to be a different person, I'm just a person who is more open to those I feel more comfortable around, and quiet in situations I'm unsure of. Strangers think me quiet, friends probably find me blunt and often sarcastic, and my family gets the best and the worst of me. I feel so comfortable around them I don't hold back at all. I know nothing I could say or do will make them not love me, so there you go. With my roommates I feel almost as at ease as I do around my family, and did from the beginning. I thought it might be weird having my sister move in with me and my already existing roommates, like it'd be mixing the two worlds, but it wasn't all that different, although I'm sure they saw sides of me they were slightly shocked about. But I didn't feel uncomfortable, which is really what matters. My sister is one of my favorite people because she is so honestly out there, and I couldn't be that real at all times if I wanted to.
Any way, now I've put a dent in the time, albeit a small one, and I can try to do some work till I go. There really isn't that much to do at this point, if anything, and the potluck I had has made me very sleepy indeed.
Sunday, February 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You can keep your tree in our storage unit. It will add a little bit of festiveness to that dark and dank room:)
Post a Comment