Saturday, February 25, 2006

Relief Comes With The Weekend

And here is the promised optimistic post. Optimistically yellow and everything.

There are many reasons I love the weekends, especially on a work week. For starters, there are no supervisors around. Not that I do anything wrong to warrant my wanting them gone, mind, but it is nice to not have anyone brainstorming with you on efficiency or asking you questions about samples from 3 days ago that only someone with a photographic memory would remember because of all the other patient problems we have a week. My new supervisor is awesome when it comes to getting things done we asked about for months without any results, but he's a major micromanager. I guess I should come up with an alias for my place of work. My mother would kill me if I used the actual name, because then psychopaths would know exactly where I am and would come and get me. My parents watch the news a bit too emphatically. Anyway, I think I'll call it "ACME Labs" (for Atypical and Chaotic Medical Experiments). Right, so here at ACME on the weekends there are also less people. Not that I don't like people, but it's nice to be in that state between crowded and dead, because it's ever so much less busy on the weekend--yet another perk. Plus I can listen to music all I want as I work without comment, which is ideal with the new ipod nano I just bought, which I adore so far; I love buying myself presents--that sounds selfish, but there you have it. That's not to say I don't like buying other people presents as much, but that's beside the points I'm making. I also like working Sundays. That also doesn't sound good, being the Sabbath and all, but hospitals can't close on Sundays, and because we are dealing with their testing, neither can we. Thus someone has to work, and it might as well be me every other week. It's even more peaceful than Saturday, which is definitely something Sundays should be, and my fellow coworkers have a potluck, which is good for us unifying and loving one another. Seriously; I didn't even really know anyone well before I started going to those, and now we're all the best of pals. Ooh, and this has nothing to do with the weekend, but it's good news for me. Our instrument officially moves to it's new place of residence in the lab in March, along with us, and I was afraid we would be shunted into some corner away from the rest of the world with it, but it turns out they are putting us where the front desk was, and the new front desk is on the other side of us (and around us actually, which is somewhat confusing), so everyone in my old section will have to pass us to get to the sample fridges and immunology techs. Hah! So I will still see everyone as much as ever, maybe more. That said, here is my happy post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would hear you say that you 'adore' something. That's such a Hobby word with her pink and her tiny pup. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, how did your sister manage to blow up a toilet?

Something McSomethingkins said...

I adore her tiny pup as well. And you would know the meaning of adore if you had one of these babies.

She's very talented. And she has a fetish with toilet liners. She's paranoid, so she uses 3 in a clean setting, and 5 when we're camping. That's basically the gist of it.