Thursday, June 19, 2008

I discovered a bruise on my leg today, which is weird because I've been too inactive lately to warrant a bruise on my leg.

So I changed my blog layout, and it's kind of throwing me off. I think I need more things on the sidebar, so that will be my next project.

Today I found and lost the bike of my dreams. Or at least a semblance of the bike. All they had in was the fixie version, and I refuse to pay that much money to have a fixed gear in this mountainous state, but I paid for the geared up version and apparently they're all currently stuck in Italy:( Stupid Italy, like they need all those bikes. So I plan on waiting around for a few weeks because it's THAT perfect, but man I'd love to be riding on it right now. Sumie was nice enough to come with me because she clearly knows what to look for as she's more knowledgeable in the area of bikes, and we looked around all sorts of bike shops today, and ended up finding it where we least expect to find any acceptable bikes. It was next to the B&D burger where we met Devin for lunch. So basically I can't join the bike gang they've started until I get the bike. Conditions of the bike gang are that we have to wear a reflective leg band. Check. Then we have to be willing to take on all the little teen bike gangs that are all over Salt Lake, with their stylish, yet impractical due to all of the hills in SL, fixies and matching tattoos (thus one can see reason number 2 why buying a fixie would be unacceptable). Check check. Unless we actually have to take anyone on. I'm not suitable for anything more than a sarcastic comment here and there.


Imagine this bike with a rack on the back and plastic rim guards on the tires to prevent mud or water from being thrown onto your back. Then imagine it 20 times prettier and lighter and magnificent in person.


I also dragged my little sis out to ikea yesterday and bought a bookcase, finally, so now I'll be more inclined to clean my room with yet one more place to put things. I still need another, both wider and less tall, but this will be a nice start for now. I was having a hard time looking for and finding really tall (though not so much that it wouldn't be able to be transported in my little Toyota Corolla), not all that wide (given the small area I've shoved it into), cheap, and not ridiculously heavy considering I had
to carry it up the many winding stairs to my house, by myself mind you. So now my room is just as messy as ever, but with one more thing in it. A very large, though now put together, thing. I'll get on it though. Maybe that should be on my agenda...in a few days. Unfortunately tomorrow is booked. I get to go to Chuck E. Cheeses in the day time (yay!) and eat pizza in the park in the night time. Man that's a lot of pizza I just realized. It's my nieces birthday, so I'm super excited to see all my adorable nieces and nephews, especially since I broke down and bought a new camera. In my defense, it was off KSL.com, so it wasn't all that expensive, and it was brand new unopened. Plus it's an exact copy of my old camera (see previous post entry for picture), so I can pretend it did make it's way home from Germany, if I stretch my imagination enough and also forget about all the pictures on the memory card that was in that camera that didn't actually make it back. Stupid, stupid Melissa. The park thing is a double date with two friends. It's always nice to date as a favor to a friend, let me tell you. I think I'll become a nun, once I figure out how to cultivate chocolate from cocoa beans. But at least I'm getting out. Saturday is semi full, complete with tea time at one. Man do I miss clotted cream and scones, the best part about living in England. The worst part about living in England? All the weight one gains from eating clotted cream on a daily basis, not to mention the heart attacks that will later ensue.



And lastly, I finally saw Prince Caspian today. It was pretty good, though the song at the end was unexpected and, I felt, out of place.

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Not to mention, all the flapjacks, cadbury chocolate, and hobnobs.