So I'm supposed to be packing for my trip to California/Mexico tonight. Of course I have school tomorrow, which means I can't put it off for too long because I have to sleep sometime tonight and our flight is tomorrow night. Man, I don't feel like packing yet though. It seems weird to me that everything just kind of snuck up on me. I was so busy with work and studying for tests this week that I forgot until Monday night that I was even going anywhere this weekend. I was super excited last week, but I think my crappy testing experiences this week and work being so boring yet frustrating might have sucked any good feelings out of me. I know I'll have fun, but I'll also have a week long practical starting Tuesday when I get back, a blood bank test that same day I believe, and a Micro exam that Friday. I hope I can get some relaxation in on this trip. And some motivation to do what I need to do, because right now I'm sure devoid of that. I think it's time for some tunes while I clean my room, pack, and do laundry.
In the meantime...me and friends discovered this at school this past week. Actually, it was already discovered by Sumie, but the rest of us finally understood where the crazy renditions of dancing and singing came from upon seeing this. I'm not sure which is worse/most amusing--the singing or the dancing, but it just gets funnier the more we watch it. It's from a movie rendition of Through The Looking Glass, and they really let Carol Channing have free reign as the White Queen. Spasmodic dancing: check. Crazy fake wig with a mind of it's own: check. Lips the size of Minneapolis: double check. A voice that changes in unpredictable and altogether unexpected ways: check, check, and CHECK.
I've concluded that she must have been drunk. We were in tears, and the 7 of us (Sumie, Jason, Jacob, Devin, Noelle, me and Steven) have had it in our heads all week. Of course the child actress doesn't need to be able to act in the magnificent shadow of the White Queen--we decided that they must have chosen Alice because she was the only child that didn't run away during the audition with Ms. Channing.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ok, I'm commenting on your blog! So man, the video you posted scares me. The lips, the dancing, the vocal range. Man. But seriously I like Carol Channing. Mostly because she scares me. She definitely is a character. Actually, all of her weirdness you itemized isn't limited to just this particular movie/clip. That's how she always sings/dances/botoxes. So if you want another random Channing moment, watch Thoroughly Modern Millie. The movie itself is awesome and funny, but you'll especially find the Channing parts disturbing. Her signature dancing is there along with some quoteable moments. Although, in Thoroughly Modern Millie, the white wig with a mind of its own becomes a golden blonde wig with a mind of its own. RASPBERRIES!
Us Londolls didn't end up getting together while you were gone. I think Whit said she might be back down this weekend, but didn't know for sure. You'll have to ask Bree about when the shower will be. I find out what the baby is on March 10th and she said that that would determine the theme.
I hope you had fun on your trip. You'll have to tell us about it when we see each other.
I'm sorry. I hope you get over it faster than I did. Mine lasted about a week. Try to take it easy and rest a lot. Rest seems to be the thing that did the most good for me.
Post a Comment