
Okay, seriously, how cute is that? I was looking back at the pictures I've taken this year (because they were stuck on my pc when it went down, and just recently I was able to retrieve them, and by "I" I mean my brother-in-law was able to retreive them, from the ruined stump that is my old computer), and I stumbled across quite a few things, of which this was one, that I never blogged about. A lot happened this last year actually. Anyway, this baby llama was the cutest thing, only we couldn't pet it because it's mother was constantly there.

After going with friends last year and having them complain incessantly about the heat (which was over 100 but was actually quite nice I thought, with how dry it was). I decided the next year it would have to be me and my lil' sis Ashley, because no one would appreciate the whole event as much as I, save her. It ended up being us and her husband Kyle, driving down to Spanish Fork mid July (the 14th to be precise) for the annual Llama Fest as the Hindu Krishna temple there. We watched most of the obstacle course (llamas going up and down ramps, stairs, in and out of tires, through a "stream," in and out of a trailer and van, over logs...), we fed the llamas, went into the Krishna temple and looked about... We stayed just long enough to enjoy the event, but got out of there before it got too hot. Strangely we ran into some of my Provo cousins while we were there, which I guess was on account of it being held in Spanish Fork. I also might have bought myself a pair of llama maracas, and both my sister and I bought miniature llama figures made with real llama fur (maybe). Really, who could resist? Probably everyone who didn't I guess.

This llama was the fluffy and altogether the most uniqute looking llama I've ever seen. It also completed the obstacle course very obediently (which is impressive, because llamas do not seem to like to get in and out of vans on the whole).
This llama was both fluffy and little, and was totally my favorite.


And If I rember correctly, this llama chased my sister around until all of the food she was holding was gone.

It startled us a bit, and prompted quite the chase--as it chased, more llamas followed. As per usual, it was unforgettable watching my sister being chased around by animals. She gets this lovely panic which manifests itself all over her face an through her vocal chords.
There was the time when she was oh, 5 I think, and she chased the neighbor's little red rooster.

She had quite the jolly old time until she decided she was delighted enough, and stopped, only to find that the rooster wanted its turn. At that point the rooster chased her around my neighbors' back yard for a good while with her screaming at the top of her lungs. Then there was the time when she teased the cat with a newspaper in a bag, and when she put it down he kept chasing her. That cat never forgot, and I would often hear, from my basement room, my sister's screaming as she ran around upstairs away from said cat after it surprised her from one of several hiding spots.
Here's Ashley and Kyle in front of the Krishna temple on our way out.
10 comments:
I swear, if you stand completely sideways, you'd disappear.
There maybe, but now not so much. And just because it looks that way from the side, doesn't mean it's anywhere close to that from the front. But man, I do miss those days.
Okay first of all I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT EVENT VERY MUCH!! I LOVE THE LLAMA FEST! I lived in Spanish Fork, 2 minutes away from that crazy temple! On some weekends you can just hear loud music and then there's a ton of smoke where they're just burning who knows what! :) I want to be the one who goes with you this summer okay!? When I was a little girl I got my picture put in the paper and it was a picture of a Llama kissing my cheek! So I have proof that I would appreciate this event and from my past experience they would be very excited if I went! :)
And I agree with Berta, you almost do disappear! And I just saw you a couple weeks ago and you're still that skinny you crazy girl!
You're nice to say so, but I swear it's not the case. And I suppose that given some further screening I could allow you to go to Llama Fest with me this coming summer:)
I am, however, still that white.
I, too, would enjoy the llama festival. You underestimate me. And I know that I live in Virginia, but that's not an excuse :)
Count me in next llama festival. I can produce a cry astonishingly similar to that of a llama. Does that qualify me?
P.S. I have a blog now!
I'm not an animal hater, by any means. But I can't say I agree on the cuteness of a llama. Maybe the cartoon version, like on The Emperor's New Groove. But the real ones don't do much for me. Sorry.
But look at that baby llama! I think you could be swayed Berta if that little face was looking up at you. Almost as awesome as the friendly llama we found at Thanksgiving Point that liked to be petted and get close.
And I suppose I could take all of you next year, assuming all of you can find transportation to Utah in July.
Post a Comment