Tuesday, June 13, 2006
A Return to Relative Normalcy
This past week was one of the most exhausting of my existence. I spent the majority of it making eclairs. I was told to make 400...I think I made 300. Good enough. The first day of baking I was flying, but somehow on the second day I lost my groove. I managed to sprain my ankle on Tuesday, so I got to experience this all with a fat foot...Which in and of itself is not a big deal, but the pain of standing on the fat foot was more than just unpleasant. So on Monday I got to go to A Track Practice. Some of my League buddies play on a traveling team, and one of them is a high school track coach. The second I heard about this I got so excited I couldn't stand it. But I did. It's been a while since I've worked on my sprinting form, and ever since high school I've actually craved the pain of a good speedwork session, so this was seriously great news. I rather enjoyed it, and am sad I missed this weeks session. Stupid fat foot. So Tuesday was an open practice for both traveling teams, and while I enjoyed that as well, I tweaked my ankle making a cut during a drill, hence my current situation. Also, at some point during this week I got a new phone. I started out with the slvr, which decided not to work; it would suddenly flip so all the words were backwards. So we (my sister and I) went and switched it out with another one. It was a nice phone, and it doubled as an ipod, but it wouldn't play music in the ipod library as ringtones, which ticked me off a bit. And I already have an ipod, so ultimately I traded it in for a razr. I like flip phones better anyway, especially since I drop my phones a lot and the open screen worried me quite a bit. And for some reason it was too expensive to have insurance on it, which was not an option for me. So back to the cingular store we went and traded it yet again. It was frustrating, but I went to the drive-in that night and without a doubt that was the least stress-filled day. I think it was Wednesday. Flash forward back to Thursday making eclairs: I took a break and went shopping at the mall with my sisters, to buy ties of all things, and birthday presents for my nieces. Shopping makes me irritable, so this was not helpful in the long run to the process I'd been tasked. Less so since I was hobbling about. I got back to my sister's house where I was making them and only lasted about another hour. So this whole experience totally reminded me of a stake conference in Florida where FK drew a stick picture of me with one really huge foot and one all shriveled up. It wasn't out of malice, I don't think, she's just not very talented at drawing feet. Then of course in addition to this she drew me hovering a foot off the ground and stuck to the side of the stairs I was next to, so we afterward joked about my giant magnetic foot. I now know that it would suck to have a giant magnetic foot, so if ever I get a super power, that will not be it. My sister's wedding turned out well, and my brother came down from Virginia where he is going to Med school, so I also got to meet my new nephew. He looks like a little old man. We took new family pictures during this whole endeavor. We had a lot of family time this past week. Saturday and Monday were mainly devoted to some much needed relaxation, achieved through fishing, with my dad and nephew. It's been a while since I've fished along a shore, so Saturday could have been better without all the standing. Sunday was my nephew's baby blessing. Monday we employed the float tubes. And I've just started to come down with a cold, as of yesterday. First it was just a sore throat , but that's the part I usually don't have and really don't like. Today I've gotten the sinus stuff too, which is bad because my brother leaves tomorrow and I can't be around the baby sick. So now I'm back at work, and I'm really tired. Normally I would be able to take cold medicine, which makes me really happy, but I would not be able to stay awake guaranteed. I think I'm getting better at not sleeping when I'm tired though. I know that doesn't sound like a good thing, but I only have 3 more hours of work and I'm coping better than expected. Unfortunately I have errands to do after work, then I can take a glorious nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
By the by FK, this is coral I think.
Please friend, discover the miracle that is the paragraph break. Even whales are eaten bite by bite.
Welcome to the wonderful world of catering...minimized by 10. I thought coral was spelled corral.
No, that's something that confines a horse.
Sorry Aaron, I never know where to break my writing, because it all comes out as I'm thinking it...in one continuous stream. And it takes up more space than it already does, which is a lot. But I'll work on it.
Who eats whales?
People in Norway, me, you know lots of people.
It looks pretty close to pink to me.
Do you really Aaron? I think the closest I've had to eating a whale is jello.
I think it looks more salmony, and reddish. It's pinkish, but it's not pink.
Post a Comment