I found out today that I'm not failing Biochem. I unfortunately still have to take the final, but if I do well on it I can pull a pretty decent grade out of the course. I got my test back, and I totally aced the sucker. Not doing great on two of the four deflates my bubble a bit, but this news tells me there's still hope. I've pulled out of worse. I frankly expected to do much worse. I started off confident, and for the first half of the test knew exactly what I was doing. Towards the end I'm pretty sure there were things on there I've never seen before in my life, so I left the class dispirited. My professor is actually really nice, though he has a droning voice; I came straight from work and was a half hour late, so he let me stay an extra half hour to finish it and I was the last one in there. However, when I finally turned it in he started looking at what I'd missed right there and started laughing. Not a very uplifting experience. Basically he threw a basic math problem in there for who knows what reason, and though I've always been awesome at math, for simple math I've become so accustomed to using a calculator that it threw me off completely. I learned trying to teach math to 5th graders in Resource that my skills are a little rusty. So basically he laughed, told me how I should have done the problem, then laughed some more. I was not so happy, but he was nice in grading that problem and I feel better now. He also took my word that a problem I missed because it looked like and "n" was really indeed an "h," which is was, so I like him better now.
In other news: I finally got the internet to work on the computer in my room! It's my off week, and I had a really good week at both work and school. I babysat my nephew and nieces yesterday, and we played for hours in their sandbox. Basically it's a park playground, because my dad managed to procure all the playgound equipment from SJ Elementary when they decided they were going to close. I plan to take them to the zoo sometime soon, I plan on finally firing my kiln up in the weeks to come, and FYI: if you want a Big Ol' D shirt, let me know. I made the design better than ever and I'm excited for them, but I'm having them made professionally. I don't care if it's just me and Duckling who gets them, but I just thought I'd give everyone the opportunity before all of the swooning with envy and sheer coveting when we're seen wearing ours.
I'll write more soon, but for now I have some errands to run. I'm seriously so happy the weather is so gorgeous and summer is so close. I have big plans for it, and I'm really excited.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I want to see the final D design before I place my order. Sounds cool though. Glad to hear you had a good week. I aced professor F's last paper. That's only the second A I've gotten from him on a paper. Take care!
That's impressive, considering the A- he gave Genious Girl. I'll show you the design the next time I see you, or I'll post it when I've got it exactly the way I want it. We need to plan an outing soon, now that finals are almost over.
Okay, so being in Provo, I'm out of the loop. What is this D t-shirt of which you speak?
Duckling and I came up with an idea for a diner after Pinkie so rudely rejected our ideas for her own diner. Basically it's fictional, but everytime we mention it she gets really mad, so we mention it a lot. We've taken it so far as to design (and soon make)some super rad t shirts for it. It's called the Big Ol' D. If you want to see our suped up design let me know.
I would actually like to own one of them. Some of your ideas are fun for a diner. I really like the chair ideas.
Oh, I have so many more. We're gonna get you a t for your missed B-day.
Your sister wants a shirt
Post a Comment