Thursday, March 09, 2006

There are few who deny, at what I do I am the best, for my talents are renowned far and wide...

ACME Labs is currently very anal about using the internet. Unfortunately 15 minutes is not long enough for me to adequately ramble, thus my posts will become less frequent I'm guessing. Today I was extremely productive at work. I was able to calibrate 4 pipettes (2 of them multi-channel), and do some of my mandatory training. I'll admit this was mainly because my opposite was around doing her calibrations, and of course I had to make myself look like less of a slacker by doing the same. Some people are so ambitious. Maybe somehow I can catch it from them. This is good, because I came in later than I wanted to, thus I had stuff to keep me busy while I stay longer than I'd like. I also have to go to my chiropractor today. "Get to" I should say. I really just haven't had the time, but it feels good to be adjusted, so I'm excited. I also have done more homework lately. Though I'd like to pat myself on the back for this, the fact is it was still less than it should have been, and I have a lot more to do. I about left my book at a restaurant last night for that class, and wouldn't that have been sad. I know what you're thinking: "why did you have your book with you in the restaurant?" That is what my friend who was with me asked--but I just feel like less of a slacker when I have it with me everywhere, and let's face it, that's just what I do. Books go with me everywhere, only sadly my booklight has burnt out yet again. I actually have 3, all burnt out. On a side note: At that restaurant I had sushi for the first time. This was a big step considering I hate fish. I really mean that, cooked or not. So having it raw was interesting, but I figured I couldn't say I didn't like sushi if I'd never tried it. I've tried to try it before, but it didn't exactly work. I couldn't make myself swallow, and I regretted the chewing, so this time I was cautious. However, it really does matter where you get it and how fresh it is. I still don't like fish, but the sushi at The Fat Sumo is really good. I had the rolls and one was salmon, the other tuna. One had a deep fried outer roll, and that one was clearly the best just because it was more fattening. The other I think was a cucumber outer roll, and it was likewise good, but less so for the obvious reason of it being more healthy for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the book come along on some of our outings and I'm sorry to say that it doesn't actually guarantee that you will read it. But I'm glad that it makes you feel better. :) Hey! Did you know anything about our friend from St. George making a visit up here for the break? Neither did I! Wait til I get my hands on that girl!

Ashley said...

dear sister, did you know you spelled your fish wrong, its S-A-L-M-O-N


love you

Something McSomethingkins said...

Sister: I knew I spelled it wrong, but for the life of me I couldn't think how it really was spelled. That's why I minored in English, rather than majoring. But I've since changed the spelling, so people will wonder what you were smoking when you wrote that.

Birdie: I haven't heard from our St. George friend in a while. In fact, I only generally here from her through you.

frogkisser said...

Time to post again!:)