Wednesday, March 01, 2006
That's Life
I guess it's about time for a new post. Today's subject: life in general. It's my off-week--hallelujah. I had school this morning, and I really just want to graduate. It's not going to happen soon, but it's what I want. I actually really am interested in this class, but I really just can't get past this state of wanting to be done with school this semester, thus I continue to sit on the outside of where I should be. I think after this I only have genetics and O. chem, plus the lab, then two more years of pathology related courses. This hurts my soul to think of. Nevertheless I'm excited for next semester, that is if I do get to be a TA. Work has been strange lately. A lot of uncertainty going on, all because of two unfortunate firings that happened to occur back to back, one of which was the golden child of ACME Labs, leading everyone else to be extremely paranoid and unsure of themselves. There were good reasons, but still, it's disconcerting. The result of which is that my group manager freaks me out. There, I said it. Hopefully no one from work reads this. And today I'm cleaning and packing. I have to start taking down the colorings on the walls around our house, but it makes me sad so I put it off. I also need to take down my magnetic poetry, pack up my books, take down the pictures in my room, posters... I guess people will be looking at our house soon, so it needs to be respectable. But I've decided we need one more good bash at our house before we go, so maybe some of this can wait. Not my room, but other things. I guess I now have to deal with this skeleton in my family room too. I got this life-size anatomical model, don't ask me why because I can't justify it other than that I've always wanted one, and who knows, if I become a doctor I might need it. I'm pretty excited though, and I really can't wait to label all of the bone regions and landmarks. I have yet to name the poor sucker, but that can wait. Meanwhile, I get to tend my twin terrors tonight, aka. my two-year old twin nieces. They're adorable, but sheer trouble. I refuse to ever have twins. They occur generationally in my family, so unless I marry someone with twins in their genes, I figure my sister took care of this generation and I'm safe. I love them dearly, and so I am glad to leave them to their mother at the end of the day. More to come on my bash...I already have some ideas as to what to celebrate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm sorry to say sweetie that that is not how the generational twin gene works. They can still come in that specific generation. Better to not test fate.
No, you don't understand Birdie. I'm quite aware of how it can work, but I've decided to self-dilude myself, so there you have it.
That reminds me of banter with my roommate Steve. Sometimes when I destroy his line of reasoning he just says, "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that."
That's awesome Aaron. It's also my philosophy on life.
Post a Comment